Content Commons Release Notes
- Added a '5G' department priority section to the front page
- Added a logo for VOA Editorial content
- Updated IIP Properties to GPA
- Limited categories to three items in the Latest and Priority sections to resolve a display issue.
- Resolved bug with Recents sections not sorting properly.
- We added a new Department Priority section to be featured on the front page.
- We then configured that Department Priority section to display the topic: Iran.
- Updated styles to accomodate and feature the Department Priority section.
- Updated text headings for the Recents section.
- Updated IIP to GPA in the footer
- Articles now have a direct page in Commons similar to videos
- The article display will utilize this direct link if the original source is content.america.gov
- Resolved an issue wherein languages were not being loaded for the searchbar menu on certain pages
- We added Open Graph tags to the site that will help generate previews when sharing a link to certain properties and applications.
- The DoS seal has been added for DoS properties that do not have a custom logo.
- Category and Source filters will now update based on the search results.
- You can now set your search language via a dropdown on the search bar.
- We've recently posted some content from VOA, specifically VOA Editorials within Content Commons, so we made sure to update their name to display correctly.
- Available downloaded Transcript files now follow a better naming convention to match Video and SRT in previous release.
- We can now start tracking when users preview articles or videos, copy embed codes, and other click actions within our platform.
- In not so breaking news, Slack changed their logo. If you have not seen their new branding, take a look at our updated footer.
- Downloaded files for SRT and Video now follow a better naming convention when downloading a language other than English.
- OpenNet users will now see a notification recommending that they use Chrome for the best Content Commons experience.
- Downloaded files now follow a filename and language code naming convention.
- Search results are now displayed by relevance. Result precedence has been given to the search term located in the title field of an article. A result boost is also given to more recently published items.
- Updated sub-heading text and some contact information.
- Typing in odd number of double quotations within the search field no longer throws an error.
- Integrated Google Translate API to provide language detection for better searching when using terms across languages.
- Redirects to 404 page when necessary.
- Help/notification messages for embedding articles, when a video has no files available for download, or when a search returns zero results.
- Enhanced search for relevance, recency, title, and description fields.
- We made some styling adjustments and changes to the front end.
- Lots of fixes for how the site displays across different browsers and devices.
- Searching on various special characters or blank searches no longer creates an error.