Content Commons Release Notes
5.14.3 - September 26, 2022
- Increased body parser request size limit to address issue of large playbooks failing to publish.
5.14.2 - September 07, 2022
- Added new page for Content Commons 2.0 migration FAQs.
5.14.1 - August 05, 2022
- Updated software dependencies.
5.14.0 - July 12, 2022
- An administrative dashboard for team and user management.
5.13.9 - June 24, 2022
- Ensure that the document list on the Package Edit screen updates properly when a document is added or removed
- Unused legacy sign-in, registration, and password reset pages and components
5.13.8 - June 17, 2022
- Support for Kiswahili language content
- Prevent the spontaneous reordering of documents on the page when editing/adding files in a press guidance package
5.13.7 - June 10, 2022
- Removed outdated press guidance database link from the "Latest Guidance Packages" section and page footer.
- Removed deprecated link to older playbooks on Infocentral.
- Correct error in playbook subscriptions, so that users are notified on playbook creation or updates.
- Properly filter playbook landing pages based on policy priorities.
5.13.6 - May 20, 2022
- Migrate backend database from MySQL to PostgreSQL and update Prisma to version 3.
- Rename the image property on document files to comport with the new Prisma schema.
5.13.5 - May 17, 2022
- Exclude document files associated with reports from the priorities sections since these files are not a stand-alone content type.
5.13.4 - April 11, 2022
- Bureau of Cyberspace and Digital Policy (CDP) to the Bureau dropdown
- Rename "Bureau of Human Resources" to "Bureau of Global Talent Management"
- The feedback button now points to a fan.gov version
5.13.3 - April 01, 2022
- Add exhaustive property check for files dropdown list to fix issue causing crashes on the Press Office admin dashboard.
5.13.2 - March 23, 2022
- Support for Ukrainian language content
- Consider individual graphics (rather than just graphic projects) when determining what languages should appear in the search dropdown
5.13.1 - March 01, 2022
- A "Featured" visual indicator to pinned playbooks on the homepage.
5.13.0 - February 18, 2022
- Support for the new Document type that allows content creators to upload PDF files as documents with a stand-alone page to display a single document content
- Support for documents on the search results page
- A modal for previewing documents on both the dashboard and in search results
- Document as an available content type in the Format search filter
- “Document” to the “Press Materials, Playbooks” search radio option on the homepage
- “Mission & Post” dropdown to search for tagged content
- “Bureaus & Offices” dropdown to search for tagged content
- The Office of Analytics and Office of Research as available content owners in a Source dropdown on a search page
- The simulated back button on playbooks now directs users to the playbook landing page regardless of how they enter the page
- Replace the countries dropdown on playbooks with a combined countries/regions dropdown
- Add right to left support for search result items
- Constrain the titles of featured items on the homepage to three lines
- Remove CSS color property that was obscuring button text in certain circumstances
5.12.0 - January 25, 2022
- Removed an option to log in with america.gov account
5.11.4 - January 13, 2022
- Increased the limit of allowed Commons resources links to 100 for playbooks
- Removed depreciated Elasticsearch _type search param
- Subscriptions and Notifications documentation page
- Re-enable user notifications
- Enable the ability to add rich content from Commons to playbooks
- Content is automatically organized by type on playbook pages
- Temporarily disable user notification
- Email notifications for playbooks. Users can opt in/out of playbooks updates, including:
- Any changes to an existing playbook
- Notifications on newly published playbook
- A confirmation page notifying a user of their change in preferences
- Revert link to undo unintentional subscribe/unsubscribe actions
- A collapsible section component to hide/show parts of a page. Applied to the playbook edit screen
- Disable the policy priorities filter on the search page when content that cannot be tagged with policy priority is not included in the search criteria
- Login from Okta Dashboard
- Additional filter to the Search page to allow narrowing down search results by policy priority
- Playbooks duplicate title error message now displays the link to the package with the same title
- “Current Topics”, “Holidays & Events” and “Secretary Travel” categories to the taxonomy
- “Additional Messaging Effort” section to the policy playbooks landing page to highlight selected categories
- Category archive page accessed via a custom category url to display playbooks tagged with a specific category. This will improve user experience, organization of content, and bookmarking
- Country drop-down field to the Playbook edit page to search Playbooks by country
- Cache static content to improve performance
- Remove “Alliances and Partnerships” policy priority
- Remove “Afghanistan” policy priority
- Standardize all categories and policies to use “&” instead of “and”
- Gradient background on “Climate Change” priority on Policies page
- A ContentGrid component for eventual use in displaying rich content in playbooks
- Enforce unique titles for playbooks
- Update the playbook edit form validation to ensure titles are unique
- Add error states to notify the user when they need to alter the title
- Improve mobile responsiveness for playbooks and switch to a true sticky footer
- Add the GPA Front Office as a producer of policy priorities to the priorities page description
- Flash of incorrect content before the search page was fully loaded
- Created a landing page for Policy Priorities : commons.america.gov/playbooks
- Created landing pages for playbooks in each Policy Priority to improve user experience in searching, sharing, and bookmarking
- Created a vanity link for each Playback to make sharing easier
- Added Afghanistan as a new Policy Priority
- Standardized usage of AWS Cognito authentication between various parts of the system
- Renamed Playbook section “Available Resources” to “Additional Resources”
- Limit access to the public endpoint to only the application domain
- Restructured application pages to remove older libraries
- Formatting issues when text is pasted from One Drive Word files into the text editor
- Pasting a specific URL into search will now take a user to the correct search result
- Added the Playbook content type. Playbooks can be uploaded and managed by any team with the appropriate permissions. Playbooks can be viewed and shared by users logged into the system.
- Added a rich text editor to allow for more robust authoring capabilities
- Added the Global Campaigns Strategy Unit team
- Added Priority Policies to tag, track and better display administration policies
- Added an initially published state to reflect a package’s first publish and to serve as a reference point for future package updates
- Added Skip to content link for improved accessibility
- Added New Relic application performance monitoring
- Created a single workflow to handle both Press Guidance and Playbook creation.
- Added the Playbook priority section to the homepage for all logged in users. Surface playbooks in search
- Removed the list view from the Browse All page for all content types
- Improved accessibility across the client frontend system
- Redesigned recent/relevance dropdown
- Converted various components to use CSS modules
- Replaced a number of Semantic UI components with native HTML elements
- Labelled the “Additional Resources” file types in a user friendly manner on the front end (eg. Word Document vs. docx)
- Fixed scrolling arrows on the Dashboard to only display when columns do not fit on screen
- Fixed issue that caused the search filters to be removed when the "CLEAR ALL" button lost focus
- Provide the option the make video project internal only
- Regional Media Hubs added as a team
- Ability to provide clean video downloads
- The verbiage regarding subtitles when adding a videos
- Disable the 'Delete Project' button should on the Project Details screen for published projects
- Make article feed and embed components compatible with signed URLs for images
- Prioritize title in document searches
- Rename of the Editorial team "GPA Design & Editorial"
- Automatically set video style to clean when the word clean is present in the title
- Automatically set file language when the a language or locale is present in the title
- Show all content types in results when clicking "browse all" from a priority section on the homepage
- Unpublishing from Dashboard is not working on all sites
- Text overflow in result preview modal
- Videos are incorrectly labeled on "Videos in Project" screen
- Deletions initiated in the middle of an upload does not process
- Hover styling obscures the file name in the download file button
- Added the following tags:
Michael R. Pompeo,
Secretary of State,
Donald J. Trump, and
- Downloads of non-English video files not working under certain conditions
- Users can search packages by "most relevant" or "most recent"
- Prompt on homepage suggesting that users log in to see more content
- Sort press package items by document type
- Sort press guidance packages by date created (rather than updated)
- Handle special characters in file names so the that API does not crash
- Ability to create, publish, and unpublish graphics projects
- Graphics projects appear in the search and on the homepage
- GPA Global Social Media added as a team
- A search filter on the homepage to limit search by content type
- Pagination of the projects list of projects in the Dashboard
- Add the extensions .otf, .lst, and .gifs to the allowed file types
- A China priorities section
- Scripts to seed styles and platforms
- Use signed URLs for accessing documents and images
- Update footer email address from [email protected] to [email protected]
- Update FAQ page with expired session notes
- Populate the countries drop down by pulling from the database (to keep it up to date)
- Properly populate author column in the graphics dashboard
- Make .vtt files downloadable
- Show the ShareAmerica logo when the source is set to ShareAmerica
- Do not show 'Changes Saved' message on initial load of the video project details page
- Text overflow issues in mobile view
- Functionality to download all documents in a package to a single zip file
- Documents Format filter label to "Press Releases and Guidance” to better reflect type
- Searching by Package now includes documents so Package search returns results
- Guidance Packages as an option in Format filter options
- Google Tag Manager Containers for production and development environments
- Videos with subtitles now display by default if available
- Login now properly redirects to CloudFlare on mobile
- Escape special characters when setting AWS S3 key for upload to address issues with download and display
- Added 'name' property to Elastic tag to ensure 'Coronavirus' surfaces in search
- Packages on landing page now sort by created date
- Removed Facebook and Twitter sharing options for video
- Add redirect to previous url on successful login
- Add ability for subscriber to see restricted content
- Add uploading documentation for press guidance
- Add Document content type
- Add Press Guidance Package content type
- Add Press Guidance upload capability
- Logged in users can access Press Guidance
- Add link to the press guidance archive at the bottom of the featured packages box and conditionally add a similar link to the footer while only displaying the link if the user is logged in
- Add Countries dropdown
- Add Bureaus dropdown
- Add Packages to priorities section
- Add country filter search for documents
- Replaced h1 elements in the footer with divs in the interest of improved accessibility
- Replaced GTM implementation with React app
- Google authentication through CloudFlare access
- State.gov authentication through CloudFlare access using one time pin
- Fixed the broken feedback link in the user profile dropdown and added feedback link as variable in config file
ADDED Coronavirus (COVID-19) priorities section to homepage
- Hide internal-only visibility option for videos until that view is made available.
- Re-order priorities sections on homepage
- Venezuela priorities section to Home page
- Registration issue throwing a type error on form submission
- Twitter share did not automatically populate with applicable video or post
- Suppress mock data
- Add "Create New Package" button to upload screen to be used by Press Guidance team
- Activate content type buttons on upload screen based on user's team permissions
- Update Dashboard component to support Press Office packages
- Created UserAdmin component to allow team switching for testing purposes
- Allow upload of caption .vtt files
- Set visibility flag on each asset to track internal only assets
- Code libraries were updated
- Store full path to elastic search asset to accommodate sharing on external sites
- Update help text on project details screen
- Bulk project unpublish now removes assets for S3
- SRT filename adjusted to support Facebook upload
- Turned server side render off for user queries to fix cache issue
Version 3 is a complete rewrite with focus on the authoring platform. A jump is made to version 3 from 1.8.4 as v2 was an extension of v1 that did not include Server Side rendering (SSR).
- Next.js integration and code restructure for Server Side rendering (SSR)
- React apollo integration for communication with the server and database
- AWS integration for secure uploads to S3 via signed urls
- Websocket integration for automatic page updates
- User Authentication for logging in and logging out
- User account creation and registration
- Authoring interface to create, update, delete, publish and unpublish video projects
- Formik form validation
- Ability to share search results
- Numerous test files for various functionality
- Documentation updated to include help with video upload and publishing
- Copy and share link for a video now lives in the 'Share' tab
- Language detection on search keystroke
- Added a '5G' department priority section to the front page
- Added a logo for VOA Editorial content
- Updated IIP Properties to GPA
- Limited categories to three items in the Latest and Priority sections to resolve a display issue.
- Resolved bug with Recents sections not sorting properly.
- We added a new Department Priority section to be featured on the front page.
- We then configured that Department Priority section to display the topic: Iran.
- Updated styles to accommodate and feature the Department Priority section.
- Updated text headings for the Recents section.
- Updated IIP to GPA in the footer
- Articles now have a direct page in Commons similar to videos
- The article display will utilize this direct link if the original source is content.america.gov
- Resolved an issue wherein languages were not being loaded for the searchbar menu on certain pages
- We added Open Graph tags to the site that will help generate previews when sharing a link to certain properties and applications.
- The DoS seal has been added for DoS properties that do not have a custom logo.
- Category and Source filters will now update based on the search results.
- You can now set your search language via a dropdown on the search bar.
- We've recently posted some content from VOA, specifically VOA Editorials within Content Commons, so we made sure to update their name to display correctly.
- Available downloaded Transcript files now follow a better naming convention to match Video and SRT in previous release.
- We can now start tracking when users preview articles or videos, copy embed codes, and other click actions within our platform.
- In not so breaking news, Slack changed their logo. If you have not seen their new branding, take a look at our updated footer.
- Downloaded files for SRT and Video now follow a better naming convention when downloading a language other than English.
- OpenNet users will now see a notification recommending that they use Chrome for the best Content Commons experience.
- Downloaded files now follow a filename and language code naming convention.
- Search results are now displayed by relevance. Result precedence has been given to the search term located in the title field of an article. A result boost is also given to more recently published items.
- Updated sub-heading text and some contact information.
- Typing in odd number of double quotations within the search field no longer throws an error.
- Integrated Google Translate API to provide language detection for better searching when using terms across languages.
- Redirects to 404 page when necessary.
- Help/notification messages for embedding articles, when a video has no files available for download, or when a search returns zero results.
- Enhanced search for relevance, recency, title, and description fields.
- We made some styling adjustments and changes to the front end.
- Lots of fixes for how the site displays across different browsers and devices.
- Searching on various special characters or blank searches no longer creates an error.
- Replace DOS seal with svg version and remove multiple png instances.
- Make search icon clickable.
- Remove site BETA tag and add the DOS Seal
- Add captions and alt text to images in the search results modal.
- Define images to a maximum width of 100% to prevent them from overflowing the embed container.
- Use locale rather than language code to maintain project-wide consistency.
- Set single article module portion of embed URL to an environmental variable
- Show languages displayed in language dropdown if a source exists within the language unit
- Fixed difficulty selecting icon links in popups
- Enhanced footer to include additional links and information
- Added embed code generation to enable sharing of posts
- Updated direct link for posts to point to original source
- Fixed tabbed underline on video popups
- Embed code to display to embed both YouTube and Vimeo videos now active
- Share windows now are either a popup for desktop or a new page for mobile
- Caption toggle now operates correctly and loads correct video based on caption selection
- Fixed direct link UI display
- Added Vimeo support
- Provided a Vimeo/CloudFlare fallback option when YouTube is not available
- Provided a sharable, direct link to the video page
- Updated UI to provide "web" and "broadcast" video quality display
- Updated various UI styles
UPDATED Sources dropdown now sorted alphabetically
- Added Contact Us page
- Added Browse all [type] link above each Recents section on Landing page
- Updated help text for video downloads
- Source action creator now accepts an array of owners and not a string as it's search key
- Created owners mappings in source action to (1) support inconsistent owner names and (2) assign a custom name
- Global search bar
- Feedback form
- Filter search by Date, Format, Source, Language and Category
- Display search results in either gallery or list formats
- Closable filter selections bubbles
- Contextual number of results
- Video and Article content types search
- Modal window that houses selected item
- Video modal
- Article modal
- Result pagination